This is another use-it-up week, because the items on sale are mostly not food related, and I want to make peach preserves and pickles. That means the grocery budget needs to go to those things instead of to exciting ingredients. I’m also meeting a friend for dinner tomorrow night, so overall it’s a good week to clear out the freezer.
I failed at posting recipes last week. I forgot to take pictures, and I keep saying to myself that I want to post pictures with recipes, because I think it makes them more interesting. So I’ll either decide to post this week sans photos, or I won’t. I’m not sure. What do you think?
- MONDAY – Jing Chuan with Sheryl. I anticipate a great deal of hot and sour soup and dumplings.
- TUESDAY – Chicken kiev (from frozen), scalloped potatoes, frozen vegetable, sliced tomatoes.
- WEDNESDAY – Crock pot barbeque pork with onions (shredded on sandwiches), french fries, sliced tomatoes, canteloupe.
- THURSDAY – Barbeque pork fried rice (using leftover rice from my lunch), sliced tomatoes.
- FRIDAY – Some sort of crumb-encrusted baked fish, haluski, sliced tomatoes.
- SATURDAY – Schwan’s chicken pot pies (review forthcoming), salad, sliced tomatoes.
- SUNDAY – I’m leaving Sunday open again so I have a spot for something that strikes my fancy. This week we’re having spinach and mushroom pizza, and I’m glad we are, because it sounds tasty.
This week’s menu has a common side dish! Did you notice it? Ha, ha. Have a look at the other Menu Plan Monday participants, too! Thanks as always to the Organizing Junkie for hosting.