I haven’t done this in a while, eh? Here’s this week’s menu plan, based mostly on the cold weather and the sales at Country Market. This is all the kind of stuff that makes good leftovers, so our lunches will generally be the same as the previous night’s dinner.
- MONDAY: Oktoberfest! Soft pretzels; bratwurst, sauerkraut and onion; boiled red potatoes with butter and dill; braised fruit. Also mit beer!
- TUESDAY: Chili, cornbread. (Brown extra meat for Wednesday and Friday.)
- WEDNESDAY: Shepherd’s pie. (Make extra mashed potatoes for Thursday.)
- THURSDAY: Pork and sauerkraut; mashed potatoes.
- FRIDAY: Stuffed baked potatoes; green salad.
- SATURDAY: Split pea soup; Vienna bread (from bread machine).